Connect with us electronically and securely
We are very excited to be using a Patient Portal to allow patients and doctors to electronically communicate easily and securely while sharing confidential information. We began using the portal on October 1, 2014. Only patients who have visited us since that date will have a username and password at this time. After your visit, you will receive an email with your modifiable username and password.
The portal can be used to view a Continuity of Care Document after each visit. This is a summary of your pertinent health information, diagnoses, and treatment plan. This is not to be confused with an actual copy of your records. You can request a copy of your records electronically via the portal or in a hard copy version if needed.
The portal can also be used to communicate with the office staff and your doctor via secure messaging. It should not be used in emergency situations.
Patient Portal FAQ
How do I get a portal account?
- Once you have scheduled your first exam with our office, you should receive an email from us with a link to the portal login and a temporary username and password. After clicking on the link provided, it will take you to the portal homepage under Eyeclinic.net. Click “click here to sign in” and input the username and password you were provided (the username should be your email address or a series of numbers). Once you have logged in, it will immediately prompt you to change your password. Once you have changed your password, click “continue logging in.” This will take you to a new page where you will need to input your date of birth. Click “verify” and you will be logged into your portal.
How do I change my username and/or password?
- Go to the log in page for the portal and click “Forgot Password?” on the bottom left of the page.
Where do I find the “Welcome Forms”?
- Click the Heath History Tab in the upper right corner. When filling out information, please be aware that there are seven different information tabs (Personal Info, Visual, Social, Eye, Health, Family, Physician Info) that you need to go through and fill out.
Do I need to print out and bring my completed “Welcome Forms”?
- No, to submit the completed forms electronically click the “Submit” button at the top right corner.
Do each of my family members have a separate log in?
How do I connect my family members?
- Click “My Profile” in the top right corner and then click “Family Access” on the left side of your screen. If the family member does not yet have their own portal login, fill out the information for the new user and click “Create User and Grant Access.” If the family member already has their own login information for their own portal, scroll down to “Grant an existing user access” and fill in their information under this title. Once you have finished click “Grant access.”
How do I schedule an appointment on the portal?
- Click the Appointments Tab. Under “Make an Appointment” choose the Doctor, the location (Burke), type of appointment and the week you are looking to schedule your appointment from the drop down menus. Once you make a choice from each of these drop downs, a list of appointment times for each day of the week you chose will appear. Once you have chosen the best day and time for you, click on the time you want and a new window will appear. Review your choice and click “Request.”
What kinds of appointments can I schedule on the portal?
- The only type of appointment that can be scheduled through the portal is the annual eye health exam. If you are having an acute medical issue with your eyes, please call our office at 703-569-3131
What information from my exam is sent to me through my portal account?
- After your appointment with the doctor, your glasses and/or contacts lens prescriptions and a summary of your appointment will be sent to your portal.
Where do I go to find my glasses and/or contact lens prescription?
- Click on the Messages Tab and then “Inbox”
Where can I find the summary of my exam?
- Click on the Records Tab and click “View.”
Can I see past and future appointments on my portal?
- Yes, if you would like to see the dates of past or future appointment, click the Appointments Tab and check the “show past appointments” box. Once the box is checked, a list of your appointments will appear underneath.
How do I pay my bills through the portal?
- Click “Pay/View Bills” on the right, above the map. (You may need to allow pop-ups in order to view the next page).