COVID-19 Policy/Procedures Update
Dear Virginia Eyecare Center Family,
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, Virginia Eyecare Center will be open limited hours for EMERGENCY CARE only starting Thursday, April 2nd. Our hours will be 9:00am-12:00pm Monday through Friday until further notice.
If you are not sure if your issue is an emergency, please call us and we will decide together what will be best. We want to help you with any eye issues you may have, and we want to keep all of you OUT of the emergency room and urgent care in the interest of keeping you safe, reducing the burden on our front line providers, and making sure your condition is treated appropriately. We will be offering Telehealth Services for conditions that can be diagnosed and treated without an in-office visit. For issues that cannot be diagnosed and treated via Telehealth, we are here for you.
During this period of social distancing and quarantine, we must all do our part by restricting activities outside the home except for getting necessary medical care.
- Routine Eye Exams: If you are scheduled for a routine eye examination appointment, we will begin rescheduling those for May 15th and later.
- I need to replace my glasses. What do I do? Please contact our office at 703-569-3131 from 9am-12pm Monday-Friday. We may be able to extend your eyeglass prescription, and to help you with ordering, replacing or repairing your eyeglasses.
- I’m nearly out of contact lenses. What do I do?
- I need a specialty product that your office carries such as vitamins for Macular Degeneration or Fish Oil. What do I do? Please contact our office and we can place an order for you and have any needed items shipped to your house.
- I need a refill on the medication prescribed to me by the practice. What do I do? Please contact our office. We will access your chart and consult with you on any issues related to your condition and will verify that a prescription refill is appropriate. We can transmit a refill for your prescription directly to your pharmacy so that you have the medication that you need. There will be a $15 fee for this service.
- I have an issue. It cannot wait until you can see me in the office. What can I do? If you have an issue that cannot wait until we are open from 9am-12pm each day, contact our office at 703-569-03131. We will have a doctor on call to address your emergency issues. There will be a charge for this type of communication that will be billed to your medical insurance or will be self-pay if you do not have insurance.
- How does Telehealth work? Call our office so we can triage your emergency. If together we decide to treat your condition remotely, you will initiate a FaceTime (or Skype, Zoom, Duo, etc) call with us (typical government restrictions on telehealth have been relaxed during this time of crisis). Telehealth visits will be billed to your medical insurance or will be self-pay if you do not have insurance.
Please contact our office. We may be able extend your prescription during this time and place an order for your contact lenses to be shipped to your house.
We have asked most of our staff to stay home to protect them, our patients, our community, and our nation. Despite the financial and emotional hardships this will cause, we ask every one of you to do the same.
Together we will weather this storm and we sincerely appreciate your support during this difficult time.
Virginia Eyecare Center